During the summer, we always encourage our students to continue to build, play, and learn about the engineering world through LEGO. So, we are conducting a fun summer project that kids and parents can participate in called Play-Well’s Summer LEGO Build & Tell.
It’s easy for anyone to participate. Here’s how:
1. Kids build a project, either something they learned to build at a Play-Well camp or a contraption that they have been inspired to build from their own creativity.
2. Parents, make a short video of your child talking about their creation and any engineering or architecture concepts that have been incorporated into the project. The video should not be more than 90 seconds.
3. Post your video on YouTube, vimeo, or your Facebook/Twitter/Instagram page.
5. Celebrate! You are done!
Here are the prizes:
- The first 30 submissions will receive a Play-Well LEGO Minifigure.
- 10 submissions (selected at random) will receive a Play-Well LEGO Bow Tie.
- 2 submissions (selected at random) will receive a complimentary Play-Well Engineering Fundamentals Mine, Craft, Build LEGO Workshop for their child and their friends. It has become one of our most popular new programs.
All families that participate in this project can also be part of our Play-Well LEGO Build & Tell compilation video, if interested.
The prizes are fun to receive, but in the end, the main goal of this project is to get kids to build more and realize what they are learning while building. We believe that children learn a great deal through play and we hope to foster this type of learning through our summer camps, as well as at home. If you have additional questions about the project, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, check out our Summer Engineering with LEGO Camps happening near you.