On Saturday, June 3, 2017, Play-Well TEKnologies and the Hawaii State Public Library will be collaborating together to create an opportunity for families to build the city of Honolulu out of 20,000 LEGO® Bricks. Families will have the opportunity to create Honolulu, as they would like to see it. They can construct the library, downtown Honolulu, their own home, school, playgrounds, parks etc., all out of 20,000 LEGO® pieces all for FREE. Kids will explore hands-on architecture and learn about how to build strong structures out of LEGO® bricks.
The event is the Kick-off to Hawaii State Public Library’s Summer Reading Program and is completely FREE to the public. We do encourage families to register at the link below, as the event may sell out.
Here are the details:
Date & Time: Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 / 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
(You can register for one of six different 30-minute time slots throughout the day)
- Hawaii State Public Library Development Services: email@example.com
- Play-Well TEKnologies: Wrenn Okada, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do these city builds look like?
- Great question. Check out our Play-Well City Builds from around the country here or see the videos below:
Can I drop my kid off at the event?
- We ask that parents stay with their kids at all times
Will the kids get to keep their LEGO® creations after the event is over?
- Unfortunately no, as these LEGO® pieces are used to teach our LEGO-Inspired STEM Classes throughout the year.
Can kids bring their own LEGO pieces to add to the city?
- We ask that kids keep their LEGO® pieces at home as we would not want them to lose their favorite LEGO® pieces
We aren’t able to make it to the event, but would love for you to come to our neighborhood or school. Is that possible?
- Absolutely! Simply fill out our special request form here.
How Long Has Play-Well Been in Hawaii?
- Play-Well has been on Oahu since December 2015. Here is one of our first classes we ran at Millani YMCA back in 2015.