On Saturday, April 28th, Play-Well TEKnologies will be collaborating with the Carrillo Recreation Center and families in the community to build Santa Barbara out of 20,000 LEGO® Bricks. Families will have the opportunity to create Santa Barbara, as they would like to see it. The event is free to families. Families get to tackle these questions through play:
- If you had the chance to design Santa Barbara, how would you design it?
- What else would you add to the county that you currently think is missing?
- How would you make Santa Barbara County even better than it is now?
Families will have the opportunity to explore their creativity through play with the help of 20,000 LEGO® Bricks.We will be running two FREE workshops from 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM -12:00 PM.
We hope to see you there!
Frequently Asked Questions About Our City Builds:
What do these city builds look like?
- Great question. Check out our Play-Well City Builds from around the country here.
Can I drop my kid off at the event?
- We ask that parents stay with their kids at all times
Will the kids get to keep their LEGO® creations after the event is over?
- Unfortunately no, as these LEGO® pieces are used to teach our LEGO-Inspired STEM Classes throughout the year.
Can kids bring their own LEGO pieces to add to the city?
- We ask that kids keep their LEGO® pieces at home as we would not want them to lose their favorite LEGO® pieces
Can we just drop-in to build without registering?
- Unfortunately, no walk-ins will be allowed as space is limited.
We aren’t able to make it to the event but would love for you to come to our neighborhood or school. Is that possible?
- Absolutely! Simply fill out our special request form here.
This is a FREE event for kids ages 5+. Only kids need tickets
Here are the details of the event:
Location: Carrillo Recreation Center 100 E Carrillo St. Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Date & Time: Saturday April 28th, 2018 9:00am – 12:00pm
Who is Play-Well TEKnologies?
Play-Well teaches LEGO-Inspired STEM Programs to over 100,000 kids/year around the country. The goal is to inspire the next generation of engineers, scientist, innovators, and inventors. Play-Well will be offering summer camps throughout the North Bay. To find camps near you, visit our summer camp page. For more information about Play-Well TEKnologies, click here.